- 3 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 24 boudoir biscuits (ladyfingers)
- 350ml filter coffee
- 1 tablespoon best quality cocoa powder
- Separate the eggs in a bowl. Beat the yolks and sugar until thick and creamy. Beat the whites separately until stiff.
- Add the Mascarpone to the yolk mixture, a spoonful at a time. Stir until smooth. Fold in the egg whites.
- Mix the coffee with the Brandy or Rum in a shallow bowl. Dip half the sponge fingers in the liquid, soaking both sides, and use them to line a serving dish. Pour half the Mascarpone mixture into the dish.
- Dip the remaining fingers in the liquid and arrange on top. Pour in the remaining half of Mascarpone and smooth the surface. Cover and chill for about 2 hours.
- Sprinkle generously with cocoa powder or grated chocolate (using a small sieve), before serving.